Monday, November 30, 2009

five favorite photos






Over the course of this semester I took hundreds of photos, most of which were very unsuccessful. Through the process I did gain a better understanding as how to capture higher quality photos, and did come away with a few photos that I find visually pleasing. These are five of my better results. The photos are unedited because blogger doesn't seem to want to upload my edited form photos, which I have a feeling is due to my lack of computer suaveness. The two mountain scenes were taken in Banff National Park, the Bird silhouette and tree were taken at Two Moon Park, and last, the sunset was taken from my balcony in Billings, Montana.

Here are the settings for each shot:

1. Mountain: Shutter: 1/400
                       Aperture: f/5.0
                       Focal Length: 20.1 mm
                       ISO: 64

2. Sunset: Shutter: 1/40
                  Aperture: f/4.3
                  Focal Length: 15.52 mm
                  ISO: 100

3. Mountain: Shutter: 1/250
                        Aperture: f/5.6
                        Focal Length: 20.1 mm
                        ISO: 64
4. Tree: Shutter: 1/30
               Aperture: f/4.5
               Focal Length: 11.4 mm
               ISO: 100
5. Bird: Shutter: 1/160
              Aperture: f/5.0
              Focal Length: 20.1 mm
              ISO: 64

* All pictures were taken using my Olympus, Stylus model S850SW

No comments:

Post a Comment